Saturday, November 14, 2009

Meeting Michael Phelps in Berlin 2009




I still can't quite believe, that I am in Berlin... and.. that I actually met Michael Phelps...

Thursday, Ellen and I went to check out the Swimming Hall and thank G-D we did. We found out, that MP is going to be at the Alexa Friday morning.... so of course.. we decided, that is the place, we have to be.

Friday morning, still cold and well... looking as if it starts raining in a few... I took my cam and my t-shirt and headed towards Intersport at the Alexa. I was pretty surprised, to find so many 'older' people standing in line for an autograph. (made me feel slightly better... I really thought.. I'll be the oldest by far).

If you ask me now... what happened when MP entered.. I wouldn't know... I just can't remember.... too emotional.. all I do remember, it was pretty crazy.... and people pushed ... (hmm hey.. just because you push, doesn't mean, it goes faster!!!)

Finally, when my turn came... holding Herman the second... I realized... that with all the pushing and crazy people, I lost the card I wanted to give him. I couldn't go back to search, so I just gave my shirt to sign.. and put Herman II on the table... (is it ok, to say, it's a good thing, MP doesn't swim as slow as he signs... lol)... Not that I minded, standing there.. looking at him... ahhhh.. after he signed the shirt... I told him, that Herman was a present for him... he looked at Herman.. laughed.. and thanked me.... and tata I suddenly found my voice.. so I also wished him good luck for the weekend.... and he smiled and thanked again. (ok.. I have a crush now.. rofls.. who cares... the cutest smile ever!!!)

So, after heading towards the exit... I started making the whole team of Intersport crazy, with my card.... (yes.. I can be a nudnik)... and finally I saw it on the floor... and one of the girls took it and put it together with Herman. (now, don't ask, what I wrote.. that is private... lol)

You can of course imagine, that I went to bed with a big smile that night. ;)

Today was finally racing day and I headed to the Hall pretty early... Seeing Bob Bowman was so surreal and then seeing MP standing next to him.... gosh.. just amazing...

I am still lost for words.. you have to forgive me... but.. I mad tons of pics... and had a great time.. even thought MP didn´t do too good.. but I loved watching him swim....

Peter Marshall did very well and so did Jessica Hardy and Whitney Myers.... congrats guys!!! We even saw a few WR... and yes... Paul Biedermann... new WR 400 Free... amazing race.. sorry to see Dominik Meichtry finishing 6.... he did so well the first 250... ah well .. tomorrow is a new day.. new chance... and who knows whats next ...

Pics... will follow... tomorrow.. I promise...

Love you all... having the time of my life!!!!

woooooooohooooooooooo Michael Phelps you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya... soooooo much, thanks for the amazing and fun race...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Can't believe you gave him this giant dog!! ;)

phelpsfan said...

GALI!!! U ROCK GIRL!! LOL ...LOL..HERMAN THE 2ND...OMG U SAW MP? HOW COOL IS THAT?..WHOOOOAH! I DON'T CARE HOW HE DOES....HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD...CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE SUITS ARE BANNED....LOVE UR BLOG GALI....WOOP!