Thursday, October 29, 2009

Of Toes and other Pains

Ever since the Nike Run, my toes started to hurt again. About a year ago, I had a pretty bad bruise under the nail of both big toes... (don't ask why... I am just too stupid). Struggling the whole summer with it, having even one of the nails fall off, I thought, it was finally over. I guess, I was pretty wrong. This calls for an emergency Pedicure and I am not sure how long it will take, till this is going to be ok. Just perfect timing for the winter, when I have to wear closed shoes.



Other pains include back pain of course. So I started doing quite a lot of research about Breast Reduction. Having some friends who had a Reduction of course helps to get a "real" point of view, of the OP, the recovery and the scaring afterwards. It is pretty scary and yes, there are loads of people who think I am crazy to just even think about it, but if you had to carry this much all the time, can't even find a proper bra and if so, have to pay a fortune, you would understand. I already have a Surgeon, but I will have to talk with her about the exact OP.... takes time..


The Halux is the third pain. (Gosh... I sound like an 80 year old.. lol).... but the Halux is something, that runs in the family and I have had already spoken to an expert about an OP. Unfortunately, this expert, as much as he knows about getting my foot straight, was such a weirdo.... *not to be trusted* was all over his face (at least for me). So OP is postponed till I move to BM. I already did some research there on surgeons and I think I found a nice guy. (He's a Triathlete and he operates Athletes, so that sounds good to me, but of course, I will have to talk to him in person, before I make a final decision.)


I guess, once the toes and the feet in general are ok and my back stops hurting, I might also get into better spirit on training harder. I do enjoy the "work out pain" (I guess we all do somewhat), but I don't enjoy pain, that hinders me, of actually working out. Well, I just have to get it over with, find my balls, have the two OPs and get my toes ok and that's it. :)

No comments: